Instructional Unit 1, Task 5.2 "Critical Thinking: The Soul of Communication"

How do you see communication and critical thinking impacting your future role as a leader in the workplace. (150-200 words)

In my opinion, being a leader requires one to possess qualities like empathy, humility, charisma, etc. In the workplace, it is important for leaders to have a clear vision, to be able to communicate it effectively with their team and critically think of solutions when problems arise.

If given the opportunity to take on the role of a leader, I would envision myself working closely with my colleagues, forging close bonds while ensuring everyone feels a sense of camaraderie and belonging at work. By adopting such methods, I will be able to cultivate a positive culture in the workplace. I do believe that this could be the first step in bridging people together, for them to be able to let their walls down, and to be vulnerable towards one another. This way, thoughtful exchanges and heartfelt connections can be achieved between colleagues at workplaces.

On the other hand, critical thinking helps to shape a leader's way of evaluating arguments and ideas through rational inductive and deductive reasoning. This would helped improve decision making and judgment for a leader. For me, I would say that critical thinking comes hand in hand with communication. By observing my colleagues, communicating with them and understanding them on a deeper level, I would be able to make better judgements. Therefore, critical thinking is essential for a leader to not only make good decisions but to also understand someone’s style of working or understanding a situation at a workplace.

To conclude, I would have to say that communication and critical thinking are important traits that a good leader should possess. By honing these two traits, it could potentially distinguish me from other leaders and create a dynamic working environment for the team.

Comments

Popular Posts